Sunday, October 24, 2010

QUOTE: Erykah Badu on Hip Hop (Oct. 2010)

"How y'all gone stand by and let our music turn into pop techno cornball ass music. We don't own our music no more. Come to think of it, did we EVER own it? when I say our own music, I'm not talkin bout the artist I'm talkin bout the people ... let me be quiet. I wanna hear from the young people? easy for me to complain about this techno-pop cause I have a taste for something else. but how do you feel? These rappers ought to be shame of they damn selves, I'm not talkin the emcees rappin over this techno pop music. I believe in pimpin the system but got DAMN! not like this. #pop-technosongs. I like the idea of no distinction of race when it comes to music, but Soulkeepers, U dont give up the boom bip and the hump for the payday. I love house and techno as a side dish. But now it's served as the main course AND that's all u gone get. like chittlins in the back house. I love music PERIOD. just not ready to say goodbye to the boom bip and the hump .. kinda painful for my generation to see. just strange 2me. Yes, no1 wants 2b poor again. artists have 2 sacrifice integrity of the music sometimes 2 make ends meet. this is understood. but gotDAMN now. if you've never tasted good p*ssy you're satisfied with ass hole. (that's terrible ain't it).

No comments:

Post a Comment